Sunday, August 12, 2007

Social Networking

I was introduced to Facebook in 2005, and have use it every since. I am not in love with Facebook, but I think that some of the utilities and applications are particularly useful. I also feel that social networking sites like Facebook are the future of browsing. Think about it....someday one could get on Facebook to listen to/buy music, chat with friends, browse the news, and even search his local library. Facebook has an outstanding chance to be the 1 stop site for browsing.

I like some of the new Facebook applications. Some are useful, or interesting at the least. Some are junk that I would never fool with. I also prefer Facebook over Myspace because of the less cluttered feeling the appilcations present. On Facebook I chose where my applications are located, however, I don't go out and get a 3rd junked up page.

With the addition of the new applications I can see myself using Facebook more in the future. I don't really like to the nasty cloud Myspace has looming over its franchise. I prefer Facebook with its security and much more presentable layout.

No comments: