Monday, July 30, 2007

Web Based Apps

I believe that products like Google Documents and Spreadsheets are the future of computing. When one is able to access documents and spreadsheets anywhere functionality is maximized. Also, if one could access the internet from anywhere, any time these applications would be a major hit. They would be transcendent of the operating system, computer design, cell phone design, etc. These applications are very useful, however, I don't feel as though all of the Google applications are wonderful. I don't need another calendar to help me adjust. If Google was a calendar everybody, everywhere subscribed to I could go for it. I also don't have use for a lot of the other applications. I do like Google Earth, but unless everyone goes Google some applications aren't that helpful.

No comments: